Aira Charges Ahead, Unveiling FreePower for Automotive
Aira, Inc., the company redefining wireless charging through FreePower, today unveils FreePower for Automotive. The company’s second-generation technology – a 2022 CES Innovation Award Honoree in the Vehicle Intelligence and Transportation segment – is engineered to resolve automotive-specific wireless charging limitations and deliver a superior experience for automakers and consumers.
Following the successful launch of its first-generation FreePower technology, Aira has collaborated with leading automakers, their design teams, and suppliers over the past year to reinvent the in-vehicle charging experience. Aira is actively working on a range of projects for in-vehicle wireless charging in key markets including the US, Korea, Japan, and Germany, with the first vehicle shipments planned for late 2022.
Tailored to the automotive industry’s most exacting standards, the second generation of FreePower has been engineered to:
- Withstand temperature extremes from -40°C to 105°C.
- Handle the repetitive mechanical wear that comes with 15+ years on the road.
- Meet the most rigorous electromagnetic standards as not to interfere with the car radio or sensitive engine control systems.
- Integrate seamlessly with connected car, NFC, and key fob/card interfaces to enable a future-forward in-cabin experience.
- Support any number of Qi-enabled devices, including phones, earbuds, and more, in a wide variety of form factors, surfaces, and orientations.
- Integrate with vehicle software to conveniently display battery information on the dashboard and critical data for service departments and manufacturers.
- Deliver software updates over-the-air or during regular/scheduled maintenance.
“Over the past year, our team has been working hand-in-hand with leading automakers to bring FreePower to the open road,” said Jake Slatnick, Co-Founder and CEO, Aira, Inc. “Today, we are excited to officially announce the second-generation technology with the vision of ushering in a new era of wireless charging in vehicles.”
Aira is working directly with in-house design studios to ensure that FreePower is seamlessly integrated into existing and future designs, from the center console to the backseat and beyond. FreePower is the gold standard for flexibility, customization, and performance, giving designers and engineers unparalleled confidence and freedom: Aira provides a menu of various form factors, coil implementation types, number of coils, device capacities, in-vehicle charger locations, and more, allowing teams to configure in-car chargers that are optimized for their unique environments.
FreePower for Automotive is AEC Qualified and fully automotive compliant.
To learn more about FreePower, visit www.airapower.com/technology.
Aira, Inc., founded in 2017 by Jake Slatnick and Eric Goodchild, is on a mission to evolve wireless charging. Its FreePower technology is an elegant, adaptable solution that overcomes long-standing limitations to deliver on the fundamental promise of wireless charging – convenience. FreePower is built to work with all major Qi compatible devices, including those from Apple, Samsung, and Google. Aira is partnering with brands, OEMs, designers, and technology suppliers across several verticals – including consumer electronics, automotive, furniture and hospitality – to make “wireless charging as it was meant to be” available everywhere.